Medly Labs Inc. only collects non-identifiable data, over a secured connection, to verify purchases, prevent fraud and provide push notifications to those who voluntarily subscribe to such services. We do not collect or share any other data when using the Medly app.
Purchase data is stored and used in the following ways:
- No data is stored for individuals who are not subscribers.
- We only collect and store data for subscriptions that cannot be linked to the individual. Data is collected for the sole purpose of verifying purchases and preventing fraud.
- We do not collect any identifiable data such as name or email.
- All data collected is stored in Oregon, USA using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- The data includes subscription-based information, such as expiration date, subscription status, if the Member is in a trial period, and an Apple-provided original_transaction_id.
- The original_transaction_id is a random number used to pull the latest subscription information from Apple's servers. Apple does not share data such as credit card information, name, email, or address. You can see all the data Apple releases to developers here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appstorereceipts/app_store_receipt_data_types
- We also generate a unique identifier for each subscriber that can be voluntarily sent to receive subscription-related support.
Push Notification data is stored and used in the following ways:
When using the Medly app, this is how your data is stored:
- Your albums, custom artwork, songs, audio samples, and associated metadata are all stored locally on the device.
- You are not required to log in to access your data or songs.
- You are required to verify your purchases to access specific editing capabilities that your purchases unlock.
- Your SoundCloud login token is stored locally on the device and is not used to create a Medly account. SoundCloud login is a convenience for uploading quickly to the SoundCloud service.
- The application will not upload photos or metadata when selecting custom artwork for Albums.
We strongly believe in not collecting or sharing your data unless essential to providing you with the best service.
Future Changes and Consent